Exhausted. You too?
Yes, we know, getting more quality sleep is key.
But here's where my fatigue comes from:
- 4 Pre-Breakfast Habits Every Successful Person Embraces
- 8 Ways to Increase Social Media Engagement
- 7 Productivity Hacks to Achieve More in Less Time
Sound familiar? Yes, there is valuable information in all the self-help and optimization articles flowing into my connectivity portals everyday. I appreciate those nuggets, & I take away what works for me.
But the relentless formulas-schedules-metrics can take over the texture of my day, driving me on what feels like a never-ending treadmill.
My fuel comes from my inner YES. I have learned that for me, creating space each day, before any other work claims my focus, for my own physical & creative expression is my MUST. Moving my body (running or yoga) AND moving my thoughts & ideas out onto paper (I have multiple journals going at a time) clears my channels & gets me into a flow that carries me through the day with verve.
Sure, schedules can be tiring. But exhaustion--from the Latin exhaurire, meaning to "drain out"--is a state we create when we don't consciously refuel with what feeds us, our soul, our spirit. Exhaustion is output without input--not protein, either, but the inner fire kind of nourishment.
SO I ASK: WHAT FEEDS YOUR INNER FIRE/YES?
It is not found in numeric achievements, followers, likes, or hacks.
Try this on instead. Before ALL ELSE you do for others:
- Listen IN to you, TUNE IN
- Write OUT what comes from your spirit, thoughts/feelings/questions, EXPRESS
- Create what wants to flow from within, whether journal entries, doodles, a beautiful breakfast, CREATE
- Feel how your body wants to move & groove, perhaps it wants to breathe deeply in quiet, stretch, sprint, find your MOVEMENT
- Honor & celebrate your unique being, FIRST. Your instinct knows the way.
Being me, honoring me first, begins my day with wholeness. And from that harmony, I have a different energy for whatever comes. I may feel spent, but exhaustion no longer drains me.